DVSA - Sign up for a Kent Access Permit (KAP)

Photo by Iwona Castiello d'Antonio on Unsplash

Hauliers and commercial drivers can now log on to the Check an HGV is Ready to Cross the Border service to register details and prepare for any future journeys you have in 2021. The new service is designed to help you easily check that you have the right customs documentation for the goods you’re carrying before your journey to avoid disruption at the border. It's up to the driver to do the check, but this can be done on their behalf by their manager. From 1 January 2021, drivers travelling to the Port of Dover or Eurotunnel must use the Check an HGV is Ready to Cross the Border service and get a Kent Access Permit (KAP). A KAP is required regardless of the outcome of the negotiations. You can be fined £300 if you don't use the service when you travel through Kent or if you use a fraudulent declaration.

Sign up here to the service today.

Find out here for everything you need to know about transporting goods between GB and the EU from 1 January 2021.

56 views0 comments