New Guidance for Haulage Companies Moving Goods Between GB and the EU

On 8 January 2021, new government guidance was published for hauliers moving goods between Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) and the European Union. There will be separate guidance on moving goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland soon to be published. The aim of the guidance is to explain:

* what documents you need

* how to follow new rules to manage traffic heading to ports

* new border control processes

Read the guidance about transporting goods between GB (England, Scotland and Wales) and the EU for hauliers and commercial drivers here. Please note that some new rules still need to be agreed between the UK and the EU. The guidance will be updated as soon as the information is available.

International road haulage. Do you have the right HGV documents?

You must carry certain documents with you if you drive or travel as a passenger in a commercial vehicle carrying goods between countries. These include:

a valid UK driving licence

an international driving permit (IDP) if you need one for the countries, you’re travelling in

a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) card

a valid passport

healthcare documents

Get in touch